A Flight Instructor is responsible of the conduct of training courses and programs required to satisfy the training and licensing requirements for Etihad Aviation Training Students flight crew members, instructors, and examiners, as mandated by the regulatory Authority, and in accordance with the policies, procedures and programs specified in the relevant Training Manuals and Operations Manual Part D.
- Conduct Etihad Aviation Training flight training, to ensure that all applicable regulatory requirements and company objectives are satisfied.
- In cooperation with the Chief Flight Instructor, act as subject matter expert in helping to develop appropriate training course material.
- Conduct relevant training programs, to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory and company requirements, and to ensure that the highest levels of training quality and standardization are achieved.
- To ensure on-going coordination with the Chief Flight Instructor , and that any issues raised concerning the conduct of training assigned cadets are appropriately addressed and resolved.
- Support the Chief Flight Instructor in the development and implementation all applicable cadet and employee training courses.
- Conduct full-time instructional activities at Etihad Aviation Training to ensure currency and up-to-date training protocols are incorporated within the training regimen and trainees receive the highest level of training standard.
- Ensure that the approved lesson plans are delivered as scripted, and according to the company standards.
- Monitoring the progress of assigned trainees, in particular those subject to reports of progress problems.
- Ensure that all training forms and progress reports are completed in accordance with Company and Regulatory requirements.
- Responsible and accountable for identifying safety risks in accordance with the Etihad Aviation Training risk assessment process, and ensuring that adequate risk mitigation steps are appropriately implemented in order to assure safety within the workplace.
- Ensuring that quality procedures are adhered to so that quality control and quality standards are strictly observed.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Chief Flight Instructor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Secondary school completion (A-Level or equivalent) (College degree an advantage).
- Hold a current GCAA CPL/IR or ATPL ME,SE with FI privileges (Type Rating an advantage) or ICAO equivalent acceptable for reciprocal recognition by the GCAA.
- Meet other applicable GCAA regulatory requirements as outlined in CAR-FCL and CAR-ORA relating to the specified position.
- Minimum 500 hours total flight time and 200 hours of instruction.
- Multi-crew experience an advantage.
- Experience in a turbine aircraft in a training/checking role in a Multi-crew or single-pilot environment in modern EFIS equipped aircraft an advantage.
TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum 2 years in the aviation industry as a pilot/flight instructor, preferably delivering instruction in an Integrated ATPL/MPL training environment or 2 years line flying experience at a commercial operation.
- Formal ICAO operational safety and relevant training certifications.
- Knowledge of the Company and GCAA requirements for pilot training.
- Sound presentation skills.
- Be highly computer literate.About Etihad Aviation Group
Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, the Etihad Aviation Group is a diversified global aviation and travel group with a business model driven by partnership and an innovative approach to growth. Etihad Aviation Group comprises five business divisions – Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates; Etihad Airways Engineering; Etihad Airport Services; Hala Group; and Airline Equity Partners. For more information, please visit: etihad.com.
About Etihad Airways
From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to 100 international passenger and cargo destinations with its fleet of 115 Airbus and Boeing aircraft. Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, was established by Royal (Emiri) Decree in July 2003, and in 2017 carried 18.6 million passengers. For more information, please visit: etihad.com, follow @EtihadAirways on Twitter and join Etihad Airways on Facebook.