Comandante Comandantes A320
Descripción del empleo
The Captain, in his capacity as Pilot in Command, is responsible for the safety of all crew members, passengers and cargo on board as soon as he/she arrives on board, until he/she leaves the aeroplane at the end of the flight. The PIC shall also be responsible for the operation and safety of the aeroplane from the moment the aeroplane is ready to move for the purpose of taxiing prior take-off until the moment it finally comes to rest at the end of the flight and the engine(s) used as primary propulsion units are shut down.
The position is accountable to the Chief Flight Operations Officer.
Main Accountabilities & Responsibilities
• Lead Control and manage all his crew members and passengers;
• Ensure that he/she is in possession of all necessary documents as required by the authority and the
operations manual including and not limited to, a valid ATPL with a valid type rating and a valid
• Shall at all times and in all circumstances uphold the prestige of Air Malta. In addition to setting
and maintaining a high standard of discipline and behavior for himself, the Captain is responsible for ensuring that his crew maintain a level of behavior commensurate with that of an employee of the Airline whilst on duty;
• Be responsible to take appropriate decisions when so required during normal, abnormal and emergency situations, in order to ensure a safe and efficient operation for the passengers, crew and the aircraft;
• Ensure that the aircraft is operated in accordance with the AFM, Air Malta OM, aircraft type SOPs, the approved checklists and in compliance with legal regulations in force;
• Responsible to notify the nearest Authority, by the quickest available means, of any
A: Accident or serious incident resulting in injury, death or substantial aircraft damage. B: Emergency situation that necessitated action in violation of local regulations and/or
• To maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry developments
• Ensures that he/she reads all crew circulars, notices and or memos prior to operating any Air
• Remains up to date with all new procedures and systems that the company introduces from
time to time.
• As per respective Collective Agreement Communications and Working Relationships:
Within the Company:
Outside the Company: Reports to:
Person Specifications Education and Experience:
Flight Training Section Captains and First Officers Relevant external entities Chief Flight Operations Officer
• EASA Part-FCL Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) with current A320 Type Rating and current Instrument Rating.
• Minimum total of 5000 hours of which 500 hours must be on A320 type.
• Date of last flight on A320 within the past 24 months.
• Class 1 Medical Certificate issued in accordance with EASA Part-Med
• ICAO level 4 proficiency or better in the English Language
• MATSEC Ordinary Level pass at level 5 or better in Maltese.
• Preference will be given to pilots with recent previous Command experience with Air Malta.
Candidates must be prepared to undergo a comprehensive selection process, as per the company’s Operations Manuals, which will include but not limited to a psychological assessment, and a full medical examination. Candidates will also have to undergo further training commensurate to their command experience.
Captain December 2021
Jobsplus permit number 881/2021
Applications close on the 27th December 2021.
Interested candidates may submit their CV by e-mail to the following address:
7 Visitas totales, 1 Hoy